Thursday, October 08, 2009

I've Finished The Race!



Blessings of the Day: To God be to Glory.

Last year I felt I went through a rehearsal

This year... is for real! And it is the final lap!

我终于读完了!我终于毕业 了!

It had been a bitter sweet journey for me. Not that I went through alot of trials but yes it was quite a fair bit of obstacles. As I sat in the hall waiting for my turn to receive my certificate, thousands of one things ran through my mind.

I still remembered the many disappointments I faced when I applied for various local uni after I finished my poly. I remembered facing the disappointments from my mom that I cannot enter local Uni. I remembered a lot of things.

But I thank God that I can graduate today with a degree. It was HIM who enabled me to do all things.

I guess I've been waiting for very long for this day to come. Today my parents, my 2 sisters and Keegan turned up to support me. Some of my classmates said, "eh you attended the ceremony twice?" I know! Frankly speaking, I didn't feel anything last year hahaa, yes i was happy but for today, I was very overwhelmed. Even now as I am typing this blog entry. I am just choked with thanksgiving in my heart that I finally reached my goal and my dream.

It was not easy for me, because I often felt I am not a very bright person. I don't scores As or As* for every subject. From Primary school, to Secondary school to Poly. Even when I entered into workforce after poly, I often felt very inadequate. A few times, or many be multiple times a day, I felt so stupid & dumb ! Argh! Why can't I ever get things right? Why don't I have natural talents like some of my friends do. If I were to ever admit what I am most envy about.. that it would be talents. You will never find me envy a person with materials possessions because at the end of the day, I know if I work hard enough I can get the items that I want. Somehow I often felt talents are like inborn ability or God's special favour on the person.

For the past few years, I questioned/seek/prayed/asked God what talents He had given or bless me with? I wondered hard and long enough. Today I think i got the answer.

God had granted me perseverance.

I looked back, if not for perseverance, I will not be able to finish the race. If not for perseverance, I would give up in IT. If not for perseverance, I will not be where I am today.

I may not be the A* student in class or the most talented and biz person in the business world. But yes God granted me perseverance to complete what I had set my mind on. And in the process, He mold me, change me, teach me and most important He moved before me and determine my steps of where I seek my goal. I took longer than usual but I believed it was His intention to lead me today outcome.

Proverbs 16:9
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.


Thank you Father. All Glory to Your name as You lead me in my business for Your Glory. Amen.

1 comment:

bossacafez said...

hi peiying, congrats on yr graduation :D it was really nice to meet u today, and thx for the nasi lemak! hope to see u again soon :)