It had been almost 3 months since the renovation completed! The home looks good and cozy and ready to be moved in which KG did yesterday finally. Yeah!
The whole home renovation, furnishings and mini small items was all within our budget. We praise God that He provided people who kindly blessed us with furnishing and help us in one way of another. We thank God that the home arrived at the right time too and we managed to secure a few good bargains along the way as we built our home together.
- Sofa from Sea Horse: This was one my favourite piece of furniture. Firstly is my dream L shape sofa and is comfy! Yes is off white and many of my friends commented is gonna get dirty or wait till kids come.. u will know. Alright, having said that while i will wait till kids come, white sofa shall stay! *muahahaha* My favourite part it comes with a extra set of sofa attachment which give me another reason to shop for ikea nice wooden/white tray. Imagine yummy cakes and tea/coffee and nice summer flowers. hmmm...
Time spent to search and make decision: 2 months
After 1 week we bought the price went up.. muahhaaha
- TV from Gain City Marina Road Show: Hahaa best buy from Panasonic! Comes with HDMI Cable + $100 NTUC vouchers. This is so handy. Thank God we waited patiently for 2 IT shows to pass us by before we got such a good bargain.
Time spent to search and make decision: 3 months and countless visits to the same outlet Courts, Best Denki and talking to different guys and till now we still think TV looks the same except the size.
- Dining Table From Silver River Furniture Outlet: Ah i love my dining table! It is the first and the last impulse purchase. I am so into nice benches as part of the dining experience. KG didn't quite like it because he finds that he can't lie on his back while drink coffee. I told him that's is what sofa for. We are supposed to utilize everything at home :P Having said that, it is made of solid oak wood and so much stable than the ones we see in Ikea. This table is gonna be with me forever everytime i moved house! It is so zen looking ! Yummy!!!
- My dream kitchen! Ok not really since is small and it doesn't have an island. It will be nice to have one. =)
- Oven From Mayer: This was such an exceptional surprise! I got a good deal for this and it comes with a promotion price for Chef Knives! Although not very well-known brand but i think for a start, the chef knives were good enough. The Oven still had not made opened its official baking yet and yes i am looking forward to create magic! Hurray!
- One of my kitchen highlight will be spice rack where i am going to place all the dry bottle herbs there. Another highlight is the book rack where i am gonna store my cook books and the files of recipes i seen in magazines. Now i was told it was not practical because the books are going to turn yellow. Sigh ok i wonder if i shd get a proper book shelf and put in the kitchen now. hahahaa
- Now where to find a nice recipe book holder :P
- All furnitures are from Ikea! We didn't feel we should be spending part of the renovation to built bookcases and tables. Thus everything are from Ikea instead. As the room is green, most of the furnitures pieces are dark brown oak colour. Hmmm feel so serene and forest. Like some kind of environmentally friendly room ahhaa. I wish the green would be darker though, so far it looked abit too light till. For shelves, we bought the open type like lockers format. More boxes from Ikea to store our loose items like letters and personal belongings to make the space neat. Now how I wish if Ikea got a glass box then i would have place my soft toys in. That will be nice and keep them out of dusts.
- Our room that can only be utilized next year Jan. Currently is the most simple one. Smack right in the middle is our king size bed from Sea Horse too. We are so pleased that we got a good price with 50% and additional 25% more. The storage bed and mattress all came under $1.2K. It was a good buy and seriously how long did we hunt for it.
Time Spent: No need to hunt, every sunday without fail after service, we will visit compass point seahorse outlet, test the bed, jump the bed, lie on the bed, calculate and asked questions till the point the people inside knew us recognized us and can't be bothered to entertain us. We've also reccee other places and were shocked to see a good reputable bed mattress like Sealy will cost $1.5K & above. Since we both grew up familiar with Seahorse brand thus it make sense to get what we were comfortable on. After we made our purchase, we still make weekly trips in just to see if the price went up or down. haha!
- It was one of the most memorable. I did my homework as usual by reading forum and posting questions and shortlisted to just 3 outlets. We found the outlet "Lighting Arcade" @ Balestier Road one of the best buy. The shop is small but low and behold, there are gazillion lightings inside! My favourite light would be the "ice-cube" and "netting" right @ our passageway. Hanging lights cost quite abit and thus pushed up the budget. But I was still glad that everything exceed the budget by a couple of dollars so that's wasn't too bad! =)
We enjoyed every single moment of process from furniture hunting, bargaining and setting it up. It really put a smile on our face when we came up for cleaning for the past 2 months. Living here would be fun and yes may the home we live in be a channel of blessings to our friends who visit us. =)
Now back to my work... so much work! Oh my goodness!