Friday, October 30, 2009

Long waited trip - Patty & Happy @ KL Day 1

Blessing of the day: I learn my lesson. Never will i ever going to be last min.. ever again. God help me to be a good stewardship of your time given to me.
This is the first time I attempt to write my travel write up on the actual day. While memories are still fresh and hot, I realize is quite exciting to do this way to reflect and recall what had happen during the day. Of course I am like a walking zombie right now even as i type this entry as for the past 2 nights, it was less than 4 hours of sleep! Well due to my incompetent and last minute work, i gonna make sure, this will not going to happen again. Never!

Patty and I had been planning for our get together trip for several occasions and every time we fail to carry out. It is either run out of money or not a good time to travel. We both are the biggest procrastinator on earth. Let me count, we probably had tried to plan and travel to places like Langkawi, Perth and what else?? Countless...

So is finally KL because first the air tickets are dirt cheap. With all tax in, we are only paying about $45 for a return air ticket + out from Changi T1! Ok nothing exciting to shout about as we had been to KL several occasions but I guess we been hoping to travel together as we known each other since 2005 as online msn buddy mates. Traveling Patty will be fun!

Time is a factor so thus explain our 3D2N but short trip also means less money spent. The both of us are food lovers and we probably spent more time looking @ food than shopping. haha.

On the eve of our trip, we both were rushing like for deadlines, Patty on her assignment and me on my projects. It was also the first time we only started packing our bag 4 hours before our flight. My dad was kind and sweet enough to send the both of us to the airport. *thanks dad!*

Upon checking in, we both went to have lunch @ Toast Box. That's when i realized I had not eaten anything since I woke up. Curry chicken was yummy perhaps I was too hungry and anything will be yummy. A pleasant surprise awaits us as we saw Tommy Emmanuel! haha Ray's favourite guitarist! keke like 2 small girls, we took photos with him but forgot to got him to play a song and his autograph. Haha.

Just about 40mins more before we would board our plane, the both of us saw a promotion that gives away free complimentary 10 min head and neck massage :P We were quite excited and asked if was really true and tada it was! :P

Finally we board the plane and to our "surprise" we had to sit separately apparently it was a full flight to KL and so we two took the opportunity to "snooze" 1 hour before we reach KL finally. When we were there, we took the sky bus by Air Asia which cost about RM9 per pax and head to KL Sentral. From there we made our way via LRT and reached Hotel Equatorial.

We tried to ask for a free upgrade but apparently I think the guy didn't get my hint. But we did get a "lovely" view of the twin towers from our room. hahaa Patty was trying so hard not to laugh @ me for making such a ridiculous request. We were pretty satisfied with the room and the bed was such a comfortable one.


Patty's friend brought us to Pavilion to have dinner. It was both our first time even though I knew it existed last year and I didn't have a chance to go. It was another big mall but it had a alfresco opening dining concept which is pretty hip and happening. I was hoping to get dinner @ Mdm Kwan in KLCC and tada there was one in Pavilion! So finally I got to eat their signature dish - Nasi Bojari is a type of indonesian tri-coloured rice that comes with assam prawns, beef rendang and deep fried chicken drumsticks. Yummy! We also ordered a chinese dish hor fun with rice vermicelli. It was something unusual for Singaporeans and the order turned out great! 3 girls shared the 2 dishes as the portion was quite huge for us and we were saving our stomach for desserts. We tried the Chendol as well it was not bad but i thought my Malacca trip this year in June was nicer than the one @ Mdm Kwan. Nonetheless, it was a yum yum!



After dinner, we jalan in the big mall and by then, patty and i could hardly open our eyes. We were totally exhausted and I slept almost immediately the moment my head touched the pillow. It was a good 9.5 hours of sleep after 2 exhausting late nights at work.


No comments: