Saturday, November 01, 2008

有一位神

Just returned from kopi cos need to spend my precious friday night productively to do my thesis.

This evening a few of us went to attend a church member's mom funeral wake who passed away peacefully in her sleep. This church member or couple is a very jovial couple and always come across very positive. It touches and surprises me that the strength like this wasn't easy especially at this difficult time. As we listened to her sharing how her mom enjoyed high tea just with the children and manage to spend some time with the grandchildren. She kept saying "My mother died as a happy woman. Eat her fav dim sum, dressed in her new and favourite blouse and even now in the coffin." Her husband did a few posters of photographs of the happy memories of the mother in law and her family members. As I looked, it strucked me this is how funeral should be. We should be reminded that our loved ones had once spent the happy times with us and yes we greived but learning to treasure even more for our love ones who are right beside us now and to draw the strengths of our love ones who left us and to pass on this strengths to the next generation.

As she lie in there, i saw the smile on her face. I knew she was really peaceful. I looked back that this year wasn't a easy time for myself and Kg. We both experienced lost of loved ones as well. Looking at the couple jovial and encouraging spirit reminded that the hand of God is indeed with them and her family members. It was something I need to learn from them - being positive and most importantly faithful.

As I returned home, the song 有一位神 just popped up in my head and kept replaying non stop. Reminding myself I will need to be faithful and believed that all things will work in His time.

有一位神 有权能创造宇宙万物
也有温柔双手安慰受伤灵魂
有一位神 有权柄审判一切罪恶
也有慈悲体贴人的软弱
有一位神 我们的神
唯一的神 名叫耶和华
有权威荣光 有恩典慈爱
是昔在今在永在的神

有一位神 有权能创造宇宙万物
也有温柔双手安慰受伤灵魂
有一位神 高坐在荣耀的宝座
却死在十字架挽救人堕落
有一位神 我们的神
唯一的神 名叫耶和华
有权威荣光 有恩典慈爱
是昔在今在永在的神

No comments: