Thursday, March 08, 2007

Finishing Everything Well in His Time

Blessings of the Day: Dear Father, thank you for your grace and love for me. Knowing that I am imperfect in many ways but You never give me up. Thank you.

It is one of the mentally stressful period I am feeling right now. I feel abit lost, sick and tired. I am worried for work, studies and my minitries in church. There are many challenges in each area and time to time I felt I was tested and stretched. There are time I don't even understand what is going on. God are you with me? Yes God is with me. I am reminded that God is with me. Sometime lowering expectations help. But how much low is acceptable?

I've been reading Finishing Well by Pastor David Wong. Time to time I stopped at a specific chapter for very long before I picked up again. There were certain issues mentioned in the book that was a direct impact in my own life. It makes me think - have I finished an issue well? Have I have closed a chapter well? As I reflect back, I realize I have not close well for certain chapters. What should I do? Sit and dwell in guilt and misery? No man... sometime the devil leads you to think this way and guilt just eat you up and gobble your mind away.

Some of us had begun well. Some of us had continued well. But will all of us finished each chapter well?

I want to and I will. My Lord is my helper and He will help me to finish each chapter of my life well.

Back to the question: How low is acceptable? I guess as humans, we are not perfect. So I will focus on God because God's love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. Everything in His Time. God is with us.

EVERYTHING IN ITS TIME
by Corrinne May

Sometimes I wonder what lies ahead
How long till my hunger is fed
They say it's hard to make it in this part of town
So many people on this merry-go-round

Some folks try astrology
Some turn to crystal balls
To find an answer,To get through it all
I just fall on my knees and I try to pray
In the silence I can hear Him say

The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
Everything in its time

I often feel like I'm two steps behind
Somebody must have moved that finish line
There are a thousand reasons
Why I should give up
But I'm stubborn in the things I believe

The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
'cause maybe there's another plan

One I still can't see
A little surprise, like your love in my life
Funny how time changes how we see

The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky
I promise you, the answer will come
Hold on to patience and watch for the sign
Everything in its time
Everything in its time

No comments: