Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Obahdiah

Blessings of the Day: So far so far.. I had maintained my best record in QT!!! 1st Jan to 23rd Jan 2007.. my QT mercury bar is going up! Yeah Yeah! =)

Today while I was doing my quiet time, I discover a book in the Bible that I've never seen before.

I was searching for the book of Jonah and just before I reached Jonah, I found this -- Obadiah.

How many times have you read the book of Obahdiah? Never? Well don't feel too bad... I think there are millions of Christians would be thinking... what is Obadiah all about?

Obahdiah prophesis judgement against Edom for her violence against Israel, promising that God will restore his people. This book remind us that God is in control and no one can fight against God's people and hope to win in the end. The final vicotory belongs to Christ and His Church.

We may think that we have in control and have prestige or power or success. We may be thinking of soaring through life like a eagle and make our nest among the stars, but God give a very very stern warning: "From there I will bring you down" (Obadiah 4)

When pride gets in our way, God says He will bring us down.

Powerful warning eh? God means business. God's people is weak thus the sin of pride take root in our hearts. Pride goes before a destruction, a haughty spriit before a fall (Proverbs 16:18)

Take some time to read the book. Read once, twice or evey 3 times. It is only 1 chapter with 21 verses. But like every book in the bible - it has a message for all of us.

No comments: