Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

Blessings of the Day: I've been reading OT for the past 2 months and it just made me realize how merciful God is and how deep His love have for us. Thank you Father =)







































Last week was one of my good friend's birthday. Usually for close friends, I will make the effort to bake them a cake. (I am very thankful i have friends who are willingly to be my guinea pigs) For the past few years, I had been making non-bake cheesecake which I had been perfecting the recipe for quite awhile. But I wanted to do something more adventurous and at the same time something not so time consuming. Finally, I've decided I will do a Strawberry Shortcake!



I spent about 2 hours in the kitchen which included preparation, washing up and baking. Of course i need to wait for the cake to cool before I covered them with my favourite vanilla cream. The strawberries unfortunately wasn't exactly the sweetest in this season but yes I am pleasantly surprise how well it looks. We eat with our eyes so if the taste is not good, it is forgiveable. 

My friends thought I made sponge cake but it was not. I wish I had though but I know sponge cake requires at least intermediate to advance skill especially I hadn't not been baking for quite a long time. I really can't remember what shortcake really taste like but mine was pretty dense and heavy. But it has this very amazing butter fragrance which I really like. It was almost as good on its own. KG for the first time actually asked me when I will be baking this cake again for him because he really likes it alot! That is coming from someone who doesn't like cakes! So i am pleasantly pleased.

No comments: