Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I am a child of God

Blessings of the Day: "For the past 2 weeks, I brought my MIL to the Teochew senior citizens fellowship. There would be worship ( in Teochew of course), sermon (thankfully Mandarin was available) and followed by lunch fellowship.

My MIL was still quite ok but she was very shy. She worries a lot of like fearing of embarrassing herself or me. But as I encouraged her, she was more comfortable and decided to go provided I was with her. I do thank God for the open heart as she is comfortable with me as well. Basically I kind of got her to know more aunties and elders as well. This morning she was quite funny behaving like a small kid. She wanted to use her rest day to catch TV dramas at home and using my work as an excuse that i should go work and is ok to leave her alone at home (to watch tv) haha Thankfully, she still went for the fellowship at the end."
Today sermon was preached by a China preacher. Usually I have zero listening power when comes to mandarin sermon. I usually switched off and go to the auto-pilot mode (read my bible). What a coincident, i did a hard reset last week and all my applications (including my bible) installed in the phone was gone. So I had no choice but to find other things else I would fall asleep pretty fast. However within 5 mins, the preacher caught my 101% attention. She preached with so much passion and that alone touches me. I think she was preaching on the passage in proverbs or maybe psalms. (haha I am clueless when comes to chinese bible). She was entertaining and most of the time the elderly managed to give her full attention. Although you could see some aunties or uncles dozing off half way which was normal.

What the preacher shared today was very apt in my current life now. After married, I missed my home and sometimes I caught myself feeling lost and I would find myself muggling deeper in my work to numb my homesick feeling. I too sometimes felt lonly even though I found it rather amusing as I thought most couples are feeling blissful and romantically in love in their first 1 year marriage. However I thought of married life beyond that blissful feeling. KG and i shared common goals which was one key reason that brought us very close together. I realize that besides depending on my partner, i need something more than that to fill that gap.

Today the preacher reminded me I am the child of God.

Whenever she read this verse "You are my child" (says God) that line strengthen her. I thought "So powerful meh? I heard and read this verse dunno how many times but why didn't i felt like her" and she continued. "How do you feel if today you realize you are related to LKY or LHL? You are the son/daughter of LKY or LHL? or the grandchildren of the 2 political leaders? Wouldn't you feel powerful? Rich? Protected?"

Eh good comparison! Indeed if today I know i am related to any of the ministers in Singapore, I will feel proud. hahaa. If the 2 guys are just pure human and i would feel that way, what more of my Heavenly Father who created the earth and the universe. I should feel even more strengthened! I finally understood what the preacher was trying to say. (This time I turned around and watched my MIL expression. She was listening intently! :) )

Child of God. How privileged is that.

Are you a child of God too?

No comments: