Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Prelude #1 My (exciting) Thoughts

Blessings of the day: I finished one project... now awaiting for approval.. One and a half more weeks to go and I will clear another project. Goody I can't wait! :)

I am really looking forward to the trip at the end of this month! I can't wait to see Pastor Paul, Janet and Joan!

9 days trip = 5 days in Sydney + 4 days in Brisbane

I wish I have more money and time to visit Melbourne. Oh well, I can't complain - I should be thankful I get to travel out of Singapore!

This trip will serve many good memories and the reasons why we took this vacation:
1) The Lord provided and had grant us multiple blessings on our business. This vacation is our bonus for the Year 2006. *Thank you Father!*

2) Celebrating with Mommy Janet for her pregnancy & a scholarship awarded to Pastor Paul for his EXCELLENT results (all distinctions!) :) We are overjoyed we can share these great news with them! Plus we missed them!

Grace complained: "PY, why didn't you visit me when I was studying in Australia that time? Not fair... "

Me: "Eh, I didn't know you very well leh... plus i was a poor student... where got money to fly and visit you? Don't even know got money to buy air ticket anot!"


3) Although I don't know Grace very well then, BUT i know her sister, Joan very well! In fact she was my first friend whom I knew when I came to Bethel in 2000. Now she is in Brisbane, she missed Singapore...seeing me and Keegan will cure some of her homesickness... haha

4) We want to see Hillsongs Church in Sydney! Planet Shakers was one of our must-see in our travel list, unfortunately we won't be heading to Melbourne... *sob*

Travelling is a luxury for most of us. I have many countries on my list waiting for me to explore. But first must have S-11. Haha...

Officially I had travelled with my family to Malaysia, Thailand and Korea. The good thing about travelling with your family members - everything are paid and taken care of and you don't have to spend a single cent. Who say travelling with family members are terrible? Well except when we sign up tour group package it can be quite tedious and tiring!

With friends and on a shoestring budget, it will be more interesting! Back in Poly days, I had an opportunity to travel with 2 girls and her parents total 5 of us to Hong Kong and Thailand. I was still very inexperience thus my friend did all the planning and all I had to do was to pay up for the trip.

The next friends trip was an extension of the church camp 2 years back in KL. As I was the one who proposed, I did my research for the accomodations and the transport for the girls. (TH challenged me!) Frankly speaking, I was really stressed up. Because I had never been to KL before! Luckily I had 2 ex-colleagues who often travel up to KL. With some good tips, the hotel we booked was a great satisfaction and despite some glitches on the transport we still manage to reach home safely. It was a valuable experience and for awhile I thought I should change job to be a travelling planner. Haha.

Now this will be my third trip and also the first overseas trip with Keegan. Exciting! I really hope that trip will be enjoyable, fruitful, restful and safe one. As said, it is on a shoe-string budget, we will most likely be catching up with friends and talking aside from the usual sight-seeing. I hope we can enjoy the slower pace of life in Australia compared to SG for the 9 days. Thus stuffing our time table with the things to see is not really a must...

Shall armed with a pen, notebook and camera - I want to write my travel journals whenever I go! To write the first hand thoughts, feelings and experience. When I come back, I am going to produce a 9 Days diary... haha...

No comments: