Sunday, April 05, 2009

Wedding #3 - 04.04.2009

Today Kg and I went for our very first wedding gown fit @ Golden Horse Awards. Feeling excited but was worried. Cos I had absolutely no idea what i wanted and i was totally clueless! I looked at bridal magazines, it didn't help me and I don't know what is good for me and models in the bridal magazines looks like erm hmm chop sticks - ok aka means very good figure.

In anyhow when we reached there, our coordinator, Helen attended us. I loved her instantly! She looked very much our friend, ah Pei! haha! Especially when she wore her glasses. She is really good and experienced. The first dress she picked for me was a princess cut with embrodidery. I instantly fell in love with it. Kg was stunned - and i knew we both adored this dress! *AH!* We tried a few different cuttings and designs and by the 6th dress, we knew we still wanted the first one! hahaa and we also picked one more wedding dress for an outdoor shoot. So we did it... 45 mins! Unbelievable!

The evening gowns were more of a headache. I realized I did not suit the following colours:

1) Red = Ang POW!
2) Blue = I tried too hard to match the dress!
3) Hot Pink = Oh Gosh! I looked like mamasan
4) Baby Pink = Oh MI GOSH! I looked like I tried hard to be britney spears... WAHAHA
5) Champagne Gold - Totally missed the mark

Let me explain becos my trustworthy Helen was away for 20 mins attending to some things, and i was horrible in choosing my own dress! When Helen came to my rescue she knew i cannot make it already! Thankfully she picked 1 colour for me and she knew I would more much more human like - .. the colour is "maroon" - I can't believe it lor! Maroon?! In fact back in my head, I told myself I wanted to steer away from this colour! But tada, Me so wrong! Maroon in fact compliment my skin colour and made me look better. I tried 2 more cuttings and decided on one that had interesting back design - a halter neck maroon evening gown. As I had exchanged my chinese tea dress, kwa since my mom had decided that I should wear hers! I gotten myself another evening gown - a turquoise halter evening gown.

Kg and I also tried traditional outfit to see if we should take in our photoshoot. HORRORS! We both cannot make it! I cannot make it in my victorian dress, he cannot make it in his japanese outfit. wahahah we both looked like clowns! LOL! To prevent from a laughing stock, nono the traditional dress can safely be omit from our selections. Phew! wasnt' that easy? hahaha. *Anyway, I knew we both further cannot make it when our coordinator did not even encourage us to try on other outfits* HILARIOUS!

Helen next started to help Keegan to match my evening dress and wedding gown. Aww My prince charming! hahaha ok he really good in champagne cream colour and silve gray outfit. Grace came down and took alook and gave some comments too! Thanks Grace :) all the busy day ahead and you still drop by to take alook :)

We completed in 2 hours 15 mins +/- >> unbelievable....

The next 45 mins we breathe abit and set our next gown fitting and trial make up day. Set our photoshoot date in August and photographer. Ok enough time to treat my ugly back!

Today another achievement, settled our AD photographer. Fit within our budget and 10 years experience in commercial shoot and I think only about 1 or 2 years he started to take wedding shoots. Anyhow we both think AD no need to spend so much money, since our photos are going to lie in the corner of the storage box. So settled!

*woot* Praise God for His blessings and providence :)

No comments: